Monday, January 10, 2011

Steve's Top of 2010

The list is a bit delayed this year.  I was thinking it had been an awful year for music.  I wanted to give some albums a chance that I wasn't able to get to.  Turned out there were quite a few gems last year.  

1 Baths - Cerulean (Can't get enough of this album!)
2 Ray Lamontagne and the Pariah Dogs - God Willin'& The Creek Don't Rise (Wasn't too keen on it at first, now it may be my favorite of his)
3 Dark Dark Dark - Wild Go (Absolutely beauitful album)
4 Tobacco - Maniac Meat (For when words don't seem to cut it)
5 Kanye - My Beautful Dark Twisted Fantasy (What can I say about this album that hasn't already been said?)
6 Blue Sky Black Death - Third Party (Production geniuses team up with vocalist from Boy in Static)
7 Eminem - Recovery (Finally, a return to true form)
8 MGMT - Congratulations (One of my favorites from early in the year, got passed over as the year progressed)
9 Saroos - See Me Not (Will have staying power for me and the plays will only increase)
10 Josiah Wolf - Jet Lag (A solid start, but don't forget about Why?)
11 Sage Francis - Li(f)e (Catchy hooks and smart rapping from one of the greatest)
12 Crystal Castles - Crystal Castles II (Not as solid as the first, but still extremely fun to listen too)
13 Atmosphere - To All My Friends, Blood Makes the Blade Holy (Some great tracks, but some filler too)
14 Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma (Was so hyped for this, have to say it did disappoint, but only a little)
15 Four Tet - There is Love in You (Solid throughout)
16 The Black Keys - Brothers (This is my first exposure to The Black Keys, and I have to say I'm ready to start exploring the catalog)
17 Linkin Park - A Thousand Suns (A huge change of pace from one of my favorites, still very solid)
18 Daedelus - Righteous Fists of Harmony (Not quite sure I get this one yet, but I do need a bit more time)
19 Robyn - Body Talk (One of the BEST pop albums)
20 36 Crazyfists - Collisions and Castaways (Totally missed this, but glad I waited as ever time I listen to this album I get a huge smile)
21 Deerhunter - Halcyon Digest (Another first exposure and also intrigued by the catalog)

There were a few other albums that I dug, but didn't feel were worthy of being considered a TOP album.  In no particular order:
Broken Social Scene Forgiveness Rock Record
Nas/Damian Marley Distant Relatives
Post-Foetus The Fabric
LCD Soundsystem This is Happening
65daysofstatic We Were Exploding Anyway
Big Boi Sir Lucious Left Foot…The Son of Chico Dusty
Gonjasufi A Sufi and a Kiler
RJD2 - The Colossus
Broken Bells - Broken Bells
Trapt - No Apologies
Gil Scott-Heron - I'm New Here

No comments:

Post a Comment