Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Top Fifteen Songs from January to March

Going about this in a different direction. I would like to keep doing album reviews but I thought I'd inform you all about the songs that I cant get out of my head during the year. I'm hoping I can do a top 5 songs of the month eventually. Anyway these are the songs I cant stop listening too. Check them out if you have a chance.

Top 15 Songs from January 2011 to March 2011-
(These are songs that were released during 2011 and are in no particular order)
1 - Radiohead- Album: King of Limbs - Song: Morning Mister Magpie

2 - Tyler the Creator - Single released this year - Song: Yonkers

3 - 13 And God - New Album Coming out Soon!- Song: Old Age

4 - Nicolas Jaar - Album: Space is Only Noise - Song: Space is Only Noise if You can See

5 - Iron and Wine - Album: Kiss Each Other Clean - Song: Walking far From Home

6 - Cage the Elephant - Album: Thank You Happy Birthday - Song: Aberdeen (reminds me of a pixies song)

7 - Bright Eyes - Album: The People's Key - Song: Shell Games (Sometimes Bright Eyes reminds me of The Cure, and this song does just that for me)

8 - The Twilight Singers - Album: Dynamite Step - Song: Never Seen No Devil

9 - Wanda Jackson - Album:The Party Ain't Over - Song: Shakin' All Over (listen to the Guitar!)

10 - Lykke Li - Album: Wounded Song: Silent My Song

11 - Anna Calvi - Album: Anna Calvi Song: Blackout

12 - Mogwai - Album: Hardcore Will Never Die, But You Will Song: Rano Pano

13 - Antonionian - Album: Antonionian Song: Into The Night
(because I couldn't find a video :( here is the MP3: http://www.anticon.com/anthill/Antonionian_-_Into_The_Night.mp3)
14 - Atmosphere - Album: The Family Sign (out 4/12/11) Song: Just For Show

15 - Feel Good Music Coalition - Album: Teach me how to Jimmer - Song: Teach me how to Jimmer(Why not catch the fever? Dont take this literally though)


("With a little help from a friend")Written by: Cameron Christensen and Stephan Stuart

1 comment:

  1. At the end of the year I will gather all the songs that are posted and rate them from my favorite to least favorite. Should be a fun list!

    ReplyDelete